- Offer release time during rest time so scholarship recipients can study or use the center's computer and other resources for papers and class projects.
- Schedule release time when classrooms ratios go down. Recipients can leave work early and, if necessary, directors can use staff from other classrooms to substitute.
- Allow recipients to come in late while receiving usual pay.
- Pay recipients for their lunch breaks.
- Hire a substitute specifically to cover T.E.A.C.H. recipients. This usually works best for centers that sponsor several employees.
- Provide a whole or half day off before a test, final exam or when a class project is due. This will give scholarship recipients extra time to prepaer for these big events.
Make a difference.