Release time is when sponsoring employers release scholars from work to run errands, study, do homework, commute to class, and other tasks.
- Sponsoring employers are required to provide two (2) to four (4) hours of release time each week for a maximum of 16 weeks each semester.
- During release time, T.E.A.C.H. D.C. scholars are paid at their normal rate of pay when they are released.
T.E.A.C.H. D.C. reimburses sponsoring employers $15 per hour of release time.
- This built-in reimbursement for sponsoring employers helps to offset their financial costs.
- Sponsoring employers must track release time hours on Form C and submit it to T.E.A.C.H. D.C. to receive reimbursement credit.
- Release time should be calculated into scholar capacity.